Strategic plan 2020 - 2024
Port of castellón
PROFITABLE SPANISH PORTS
The Strategic Plan designed by OIM contributes to the development of the business environment by enhancing the port competitiveness, keeping traffics and attracting new ones. All this positions the Port of Castellón as the third most profitable port in Spain.
- Revision of the strategic framework.
- Analysis and diagnostic of current situation.
- Market study of hinterland and foreland (analysis of international, national and regional market dynamics and competitiveness, impact on Castellón Port traffics and trends).
- Benchmarking with main competitor ports in relation to infrastructures, access, traffics, terminals specialization, services and development strategies.
- Evaluation of Port Authority management model, leadership, organizational culture, human resources, financial capacity and port value chain.
- PESTEL analysis of the environment: political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal factors impacting the competitiveness of the Port.
- SWAT and CAME analysis.
Strategic Plan definition and implementation:
- Determination of strategic goals, strategic lines, strategic map using the BSC (Balanced Scorecard) methodology, KPI’s and operational objectives.
- Identification of functional and technological requirements for the definition of a new business information model aligned with the strategic plan and BSC.
- Cascading the BSC, translating the strategy to business management team and definition of a Communication Plan to disseminate properly the defined strategy.